It is hard to believe that this week is the 5th week of Downline Conway 2016-17! We have a great group this year. I’d love for you to get to meet them if you ever want to stop by on a Tuesday morning or Thursday evening.
2014-15 (Video/Live teaching hybrid year)
- 11 students
- 2 different churches represented
2015-16 (First Year of full live teaching Institute)
- 16 students
- 6 different churches represented
2016-17 (First Year having a full-time Director)
- 28 students
- 13 different churches represented
Thank you for your prayers and support to help us get to this point!
I can’t wait to see how God uses these 28 individuals as they dig into the Word and share their lives with people throughout this year.
Q: Why do we disciple?
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” – Romans 12:1
This is the very 1st lesson we do in Downline each year.
As Simon Sinek says… you have to start with the WHY. We’ll spend the rest of the year digging into the how and the what, but we begin by looking at Romans 12:1 to grasp the why (thanks to the “therefore” which appears 5 words into that verse we also dig into Romans 1-11 which unpacks the mercies of God).
It would be easy to preach Romans 12:1 as “do more.” Sacrifice yourself more because you should…
- Understanding the context of all that God has done for us in Christ (Romans 1-11) gives us the appropriate framework for using the right motivation in the offering of our lives to God for whatever He desires.
- This brings such deep meaning to why we offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God, why we diligently pursue making disciples, why we study and learn God’s Word, why we try and walk by the Spirit in obedience to God every single day.
• The Gospel compels us at all turns!