Downline has established partnerships with Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky. to offer seminary credit and Dallas Theological Seminary to offer advanced standing. These partnerships give Downline students ways to work toward a seminary degree while simultaneously participating in Downline.
Our partnership with Southern Baptist Theological Seminary gives Downline students the opportunity to participate in the Institute and earn seminary credit without having to choose between the two. Students may obtain up to 30 hours of credit from Southern and must enroll at Southern to obtain these credits.
Downline does not offer seminary credit that applies directly at DTS. However, DTS offers the possibility of receiving advanced degree standing for having completed the Downline Institute and demonstrating current competency normally gained through the DTS curriculum. Advanced degree standing for completing the Downline Institute is not guaranteed.
To apply for advanced standing, students need:
- Evidence of Completion of Downline.
- Complete an Objective Exam evaluating biblical and theological competency.
- Writing Sample (2,500 word paper, preferably in the area of Bible and/or theology).
- Interview w/ Advanced Standing Committee.
The portion of a degree you can earn at DTS depends on your performance on your writing sample, exam, and interview. You can earn:
- Up to 15 hours for ThM students through distance education OR 25 percent of degree requirements if completed on campus (30 hours)
- Up to nine hours for MA students through distance education OR 25 percent of degree requirements if completed on campus (16 hours)
- Additional hours available through a course-by-course advanced standing application
Whatever credit you qualify for in Advanced Standing is free. However, no credit is guaranteed. You must apply for Advanced Standing at DTS and they will determine how much (if any) credit you’re able to receive.